Achievements Results of Five Years
- The students in Indira Gandhi National Open University were being taught:
- Shivji was a aughar ascetic and funeral ground was his place of meditation. He used to seduce the wives of the gods and ascetics.
- Durga used to be in an inebriated condition all the time and her eyes used to remain red. She was a goddess of evil forces.
Protests were carried out in different parts of the country against this. The HRD Minister ordered removal of these portions following the protests.
- In the BA Pass IInd year History course text book of Open School of Learning of Delhi University, it was written:
- RSS was established by Dr. Hedgewar. He was a national dictator. He received inspiration from fascist parties. Mussolini used to make his followers wear black clothes, Dr. Hedgewar made his followers to wear black cap. Sardar Patel played a shameful role in spreading communalism by supporting the RSS.
Agitation continued for two months and finally the write-up was removed from the text book.
- Oxford University Press published a book “Many Ramayanas” in which an essay by AK Ramanujam was included. The title of the essay is “Three hundred Ramayanas and five examples”. In the “Culture in Ancient India” of History BA IInd year of Delhi University, students were studying:
- Ravana and Mandodari had no children. Both prayed to Shivji. Shivji gave them mango to eat. By mistake Ravana ate the entire mango and became pregnant. The nine month travail of Ravana has been described therein.
- Under pain Ravana sneezed and Sita was born. He abandoned her in the fields of Janakpuri.
- Hanuman was a puny monkey. He was a sensual individual who used to peep into the bedrooms in Lanka looking at the sexual engagements of man and woman.
- Ravana and Lakshamana had sexually seduced Sita.
- Ravana was not killed by Rama, but by Lakshamana.
Protests were organized in Delhi University. Seven students of Vidyarthi Parishad were arrested. A committee of five Historians was formed. The Supreme Court has ruled that the report of the Committee should be shown to the petitioner as soon as possible and if the petitioner is not satisfied he is free to approach the court again.
- Shiksha bachao Andolan had given legal notice to the Oxford University Press responding to which they have apologized and banned the book. Delhi University has continued to teach it.
- The excerpts from Sociology BA (Pass) Part-I text book of Delhi University are:
- It is said in the Rigveda that the status of women is at par with the shudras and dogs.
- In Atharvaveda women are considered to be a medium producing children.
- Women had no right to teach or read Vedas and they were not entitled to perform religious rites.
- Women were considered to be a commodity which could be sold or purchased.
Legal notices were sent to Allied Publisher and Vice Chancellor against these excerpts. Allied Publisher has banned the book and the writers have apologized. These have also been removed form the new books of Delhi University.
- It was taught in the NCERT history text books from sixth to twelfth class:
- Our forefathers used to eat beef.
- Aurangzeb was a living saint.
- Lal, Bal, Pal, Veer Savarkar and Aurobindo Ghosh were said to be terrorists.
- As a “dakshina” for yajnas, generally cows and concubines were given.
- Guru Tegh Bahadur was a plunderer and killer.
- Swami Dayanand was said to be on payrolls of the Christians.
There were 75 portions including the statements cited above.Delhi High Court ordered the removal of all these portions on 30.01.09.
- The language in NCERT Hindi text books is unconstitutional, uncivilized and in contravention to scientific temper:
- Biography of Fida Hussain is being taught.
- There are 7 persian cuplets (shers) and 170 Urdu words.
- The poem of Naxal poet Pash is also included in the text book.
- Uncivilized words like haramjada, haramkhor, badmash, bhangi, chamar are being taught.
- More than hundred English words along with one English poem is also there.
- Smoking is encouraged.
Legal action against the text book is continuing.
- Sex Education
The central government tried to introduce sex education in the years 2007-08 against which countrywide agitation was organized. Members expressed their displeasure in the parliament. On this around 4,000 letters and 4,15,000 signatures were presented before the petition committee of Rajya Sabha. State governments of eleven states banned it. The committee submitted its report to the Chirman, Rajya Sabha on 2 April 2009 recommending “Education for character building and personality development” I place of sex education.
- Public awareness Programme :
- 47 booklets have been published so far.
- Lacs of pamphlets in various languages have been distributed.
- More than 750 seminars and discussions have been organized in which two lac people have participated.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF SHIKSHA SANSKRITI UTTHAN NYAS
- To develop a philosophy of education in accordance with Indian education and ideals.
- To develop the education in such a form that valuable spiritual treasure of India, and national heritage of glorious traditions are handed down to the coming generations so that they are able to make their contributions in its light.
- To develop an education system and resources by utilizing modern knowledge, science and ancient achievements so that educational aims and objectives of overall development of students is easily attained.
- To undertake and direct infrastructural and paractical research and developmental works and to work towards making Indian psyche the basis of the educational process.
- To organize national and state level educational seminars and discussions and to secure help and advice of educationists and thinkers.
- To give necessary support and advice to government of India in educational programmes and projects.
- To work for the exchange of educational experiments and experiences at national and international levels and to establish lively contact with them.
- To oppose distortions in the field of education, westernization as a result of globalization, attack on culture, degeneration of values and attempts to divide the country.
- To work for the establishment of alternative structure in the field of education.
- To awaken the people about their social responsibilities through exhibitions, seminars, lectures, video cassettes, publications and speeches and to secure maximum support and help for these works.
- To undertake all lawful activities which are necessary in the opinion of the trustees for the fulfillment and the aims and objectives stated above.
The works of Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas along with Shiksha Bachao Andolan
- Actually this work should have been completed 60 years ago.
- The government instituted Radha Krishnan Commission, Kothari Commission, Mudaliyar Commission, and Education Policy of 1985.
- These commissions made valuable recommendations too but due to lack of political will implantation could not take place.
- Today need for overhauling the education system is being felt in the country.
For this Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas was formed on 18 May 2007
- Countrywide awareness in the field of education.
- To find new alternatives in education by changing syllabus, system, method and policy.
- To organize, seminar, talk, discussion, lecture and workshop for this.
- To prepare alternative syllabus, text books, material for training and literature and references for the guidance of parents in different subjects in education.
- To organize and activate well wishers of education, students, teachers, educationists, directors of educational institutions, government officials and people like them who are related to the field of education by involving them in the process.
- Efforts are being made to actively involve schools, educational institutions and organizations active in the field of education in these attempts.
- These attempts are decentralized and country wide.
- There is a plan to form “Non- Governmental Education Commission” by organizing countrywide efforts to prepare alternative education.
- Attempts are underway so that these syllabuses are also accepted by state governments and private institutions.
Efforts made so far and future plans
- To find alternative of sex education.
- A national seminar was organized on 21, 22 February 2009 in Pune (Maharashtra) in which 140 intellectuals from 13 states participated in intense discussion for two days and prepared a draft for the alternative for sex education.
- A syllabus committee of 12 intellectuals has been formed. The committee has prepared proposed syllabus in the name of “Complete Education for character building and personality development”.
- For a nationwide debate on this syllabus regional seminars are being organized in the five centres (Chandigarh, Indore, Ranchi, Aligarh and Karnataka) of the country.
- Workshops are being organized to train the teachers and to involve the parents.
- Plan of public awareness on distorted informations about AIDS and the conspiracy of condoms and other medicines.
- Attempts are being made so that public and private institutions accept this syllabus.
- Value Education
– Meetings, seminars and discussions are being organized in various parts of the country.
– National Seminar in October 2009 at Haridwar.
- Vedic Mathematics
– National level workshop planned in Bhopal on 8,9 August 2009.
– Till now it has been partially included in the syllabus of six states. Attempts are being made to make its acceptable at wider level.
- Education should be autonomous
– Draft has been distributed throughout the country to so that education becomes autonomous.
– Plan for national level debate on the draft is underway.
- Student Seminar
– A state level seminar on “Education and national reconstruction – the role of students” was organized on 9, 10 February 2009 in Delhi University in which 163 students participated and 30 research papers were presented.
- Seminal on National Knowledge Commission
– 207 delegates from 14 states participated in the seminar organized on 8 August 2008. The recommendations of the seminar have been sent to the commission.
- Educationist Meet
– 44 participants including Chancellors, Vice- Chancellors and educationists of their level participated in discussions in Ahmedabad on 10 August 2009 to find new alternatives in education.
– Meeting of the educationists in Delhi on 31 January 2009.
- Participation of various sections
– In Delhi28 institutions, many educationists, ambassadors, and former bureaucrats participated. – In the seminar organized in Pune 14 reputed educational institutions and 12 social organizations participated.
– Joint organization of seminar by Gujarat University, Ahmedabad and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University in which 8 organisations participated.
– Seminar on value education is also being organized jointly with Dev Sanskriti University in which efforts are being made so that various other organizations also participate.
– Work on various other fields related to education is being planned.
– Plan to start work on different subjects in the coming days.
- Construction of new office – To organize all the works. A building is under construction for office in New Delhi. It would be completed by July 2009. The office is being equipped with library, centre for preparing literatures, research centre, meeting hall, guest house, computer, photocopy machine and other communication equipments.
You are also requested to contribute in these humble efforts. For the construction of the new building and internal management, increase in human resource and for organizing activities and programmes a budget of Rs. 58, 65000/- is estimated by Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas. We humbly request your maximum contribution as much as possible. Please send Cheque/Draft in the name of Shiksha Sankriti Utthan Nyas to Delhi office.